News & Resources
- Action: Welcoming People With Disabilities
- A Special Worship Service for Jews with Disabilities and Their Families
- Candid Talk On Challenges Of Disability
- Best. High Holiday Service. Ever.
- Synagogue Inclusion: A Mother and Her Son Say Why It Matters
- UJA-Federation Announces Winners of Synagogue Inclusion Awards
- Kids With Autism at a Synagogue on Purim? Not a Prayer, Right?
- Recognizing Synagogue Inclusion
- What Works: Ideas & Initiatives A Rosh Hashannah Service for Special Needs
- Hanukkah, Autism and One Temple’s Run at a Miracle
- ‘Morphing’ To Hit New Audiences
- Creating Special Needs Worship Services at Congregation Rodeph Sholom in NYC
- Feeding A ‘Spiritual Hunger’
- There Are No Outsiders
- Just Give Us A Chance
- 2011 URJ Biennial Speech
- ASL Shema
- A Place For All: Faith and Community for Persons with Disabilities
- Including for Everyone’s Needs
Congregant, Rebecca Thau, was so inspired by our amazing Shireinu community that she wrote and recorded this song. Rebecca donates all of the profits from her song to Shireinu and Sandy Hook Promise.
- 2011 Union for Reform Judaism Incubator Grant winner
- 2011 Union for Reform Judaism Biennial Learning Session Presentation on “Serving Special Needs Within Our Synagogue Communities”
- 2012 UJA-Federation of New York First Place Synagogue Inclusion Award winner
- 2015 Shireinu is recognized by the Union for Reform Judaism as an Exemplar Congregation for having made great strides in inclusion of people with disabilities.